Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Well timing is everything they say.

If timing is everything.....  I'm late! I think the weather is testing me with this wood work project.  The space to work indoors is limited. So trying to do prep and stain, polyurethane, or sealer is dependent a lot on the warm weather.  It seems that if the temperature is tolerable then we have a 60 mile per hour wind to deal with.....  Its 7:30am and it looks sunny but the wind is blowing to beat hell.   But I am excited, I may get the outside wood all complete today.... I was up on Sparta sealing in the dark with a flash light until 7:30pm last night.  The weather was good so I had to take advantage of it.  How many people paint in the dark with a flashlight!  AAAHHHHH it will look fine!  lol.
Ok so things are wrapping up here quickly these next days, or weeks we will be putting Sparta in the water, and then Bruce and I will be able to finish a few things we need to do to prepare to take off. Almost everything is in storage that we will have to load on to Sparta.  We have to organize it ( I have to organize it ) I am chief organizer so I have been told.  Fill her with food and fuel, buy some last minute things like navigation and then get going.............. So if a few of you see the blogs or post of pictures are thin this next few weeks, wait we will have a boat load soon.
My body was falling apart before, now I think it just hangs on to torment me late at night.  From sanding, and prepping my finger tips are red raw... I have no finger prints they look like they were sanded off.  If you have ever done a lot of sanding you understand what I mean when I say it hurts to even give someone the finger.   Well its 8 am time for a coffee and baileys and off to see how my night time staining job looks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment